For this assignment, you will analyze an Episodic note case study that describes abnormal findings in patients seen in a clinical setting. You will consider what history should be collected from the patients, as well as which physical exams and diagnostic tests should be conducted. You will also formulate a differential diagnosis with several possible conditions.
Review the following Episodic note case study:
• CC: “I have bumps on my bottom that I want to have checked out.”
• HPI: AB, a 21-year-old WF college student reports to your clinic with external
bumps on her genital area. She states the bumps are painless and feel rough.
She states she is sexually active and has had more than one partner during the
past year. Her initial sexual contact occurred at age 18. She reports no abnormal
vaginal discharge. She is unsure how long the bumps have been there but
noticed them about a week ago. Her last Pap smear exam was 3 years ago, and
no dysplasia was found; the exam results were normal. She reports one sexually
transmitted infection (chlamydia) about 2 years ago. She completed the
treatment for chlamydia as prescribed.
• PMH: Asthma
• Medications: Symbicort 160/4.5mcg
• Allergies: NKDA
• FH: No hx of breast or cervical cancer, Father hx HTN, Mother hx HTN, GERD
• Social: Denies tobacco use; occasional etoh, married, 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys)
• VS: Temp 98.6; BP 120/86; RR 16; P 92; HT 5’10”; WT 169lbs
• Heart: RRR, no murmurs
• Lungs: CTA, chest wall symmetrical
• Genital: Normal female hair pattern distribution; no masses or swelling. Urethral
meatus intact without erythema or discharge. Perineum intact. Vaginal mucosa
pink and moist with rugae present, pos for firm, round, small, painless ulcer noted
on external labia
• Abd: soft, normoactive bowel sounds, neg rebound, neg murphy’s, negMcBurney
• Diagnostics: HSV specimen obtained
PLAN: This section is not required for the assignments in this course (NURS 6512) but
will be required for future courses.
How it works
Why our online essay writing service?
Let us cover any of your writing needs!