Assignment 2: Social Marketing Campaigns
Social marketing uses traditional marketing concepts to change health behavior, with the ultimate outcome of a healthier population. Social marketing campaigns have been used to raise awareness of risk and risk behaviors, to promote the adoption of healthy behaviors, and to encourage cessation of unhealthy behaviors. In this assignment, you will be analyzing social marketing campaigns.
For this assignment, select two social marketing campaigns that have been conducted on the same health issue. (Unprotected intercourse among teens). Be sure to select social marketing campaigns or health issues different from those you used in previous discussion questions, assignments, or the final project.
Using the readings for this week, the South University Online Library, and the Internet, write a 3–5-page paper that addresses the following:
- Evaluate both campaigns discussing their strengths and weaknesses.
- Examine how each of the 4Ps of the marketing mix—price, product, promotion, and place—was addressed in each campaign.
- Compare and contrast the campaigns in terms of the definitions of social marketing provided in the readings.
- Examine the outcomes or objectives for each campaign.
- Describe the intervention strategies for each campaign.
- Conclude the paper with your recommendation for the most effective campaign, giving a brief justification.
Submit your assignment in Microsoft Word format
Name your document SU_PHE6210_W4_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
Cite all sources using the APA format. Make sure all references are cited in APA format. References should be current at least within the last 5 years. Remember that references should be used to support your peer responses.
How it works
Why our online essay writing service?
Let us cover any of your writing needs!