Health care organizations are currently tasked with providing value-based health care. The concept of value-based health care is best illustrated in the Triple Aim Initiative outlined by the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI), which emphasizes the need for health care organizations to optimize their performance by simultaneously addressing the following three aims (2018):
- Improve the experience of care
- Improve the health of populations
- Reduce the per capita costs of health care
Identify a health care organization, and answer the following questions:
- Do you think this organization meets these criteria? If yes, how? If no, why not?
- What recommendations would you advance to hospital administrators to enhance their health care delivery with these goals in mind?
Do not forget to cite concepts and personal experiences in your response.