- Review the information on just culture presented in the Learning Resources.
- For this discussion, you will use the Regulatory Decision Pathway found in Russell, K. A. & Radtke, B. K. (2014).
- Examine an adverse event at the unit level in your organization or one with which you are familiar and apply the Regulatory Decision Pathway.
- Compare the findings of the Regulatory Decision Pathway to what actually happened at the unit in your organization. Was the event deemed: bad intent, reckless, at risk, or human error? According to the pathway, do you now think it was the correct action?
- Think about how a nurse leader–manager may use just culture as a framework to create or maintain a focus on accountability and outcomes throughout a group. What actions could be taken if a systems–related error was made or if an error resulted from risky behavior?
- How might role conflict and/or ambiguity have contributed to the situation?
By Day 3
Post a description of an adverse event in your organization and your analysis of the issue using the Regulatory Decision Pathway. Explain how role conflict or ambiguity might have influenced this situation. Apply the principles of just culture as you explain how you, as the group’s manager, would handle the situation.
How it works
Why our online essay writing service?
Let us cover any of your writing needs!