Models of Practice
What is a model?
A model demonstrates the researcher’s interpretation of how concepts are related to one another and are developed based on qualitative research. Models often are precursors to theory development.
Three of the most prominent nursing models categorized as focusing on goals and functions include Florence Nightingale’s environmental model of nursing, Dorothy Johnson’s behavioral system model, and Nola J. Pender’s health promotion model.
In this assignment, you will locate a model of practice that you could apply to nursing. It does not need to be a nursing model. Models of practice can be found in leadership, business, education, and technology. You will explain why you have chosen the model and apply the model to your advanced practice role in the templateprovided.
In the first row, in the first column, write the name of your chosen model. An example has been provided in the first rows to guide you. Please remove the examples when entering your information
In the first column of the template table, list the characteristics of the model you have chosen with a source/s of support. In the second column, list an application to your advanced nursing practice role upon graduation with a source of support/s.
For this Assignment, your paper must be 2 to 3 pages, not including the title and reference pages.
To view the Grading Rubric for this Assignment, please visit the Grading Rubrics section of the Course Resources.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- Minimum requirement of at least five sources of support
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above);
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th Edition