As you have discovered through this course, nurses are influential members of the community and the political system. Therefore, for the purposes of this assignment you will identify a problem or concern in your community, organization, etc. that has the capacity to be legislated. You will conduct research and state a proposal. Through the legislative process, your proposal for the problem or concern may influence an idea for change into a law.
First, refer to the “How a Bill Becomes a Law” media.
Then, view the “Bill to Law Process” to watch the scenario.
After viewing the scenario, refer to the “Legislative Assignment.” You will need to save the document first to use it.
Legislative Worksheet (SBAR Format) –
How a Bill Becomes a Law
SITUATION: IS THIS SOMETHING THAN CAN BE LEGISLATED?
· Identify the problem/concern:
· State your proposal/idea.
BACKGROUND: DO YOUR RESEARCH
· Include studies, reports, personal experience, or anecdotal stories related to your proposal.
· Has there been similar legislation introduced and/or passed in other states? If so, include it.
ASSESSMENT: FINANCES AND STAKEHOLDERS
· Identify financial impact if any (e.g., added costs, cost savings, increased revenue):
· Identify stakeholder groups that would support this bill:
· Identify people/groups that would oppose this bill:
RECOMMENDATION Optional, students do not have to answer (no points here)
· Make an appointment with your legislator to discuss your proposal.
How it works
Why our online essay writing service?
Let us cover any of your writing needs!